See description ..... ideas?
Desired Color Scheme:
Primary Colors ... BRIGHT, BOLD colors or ????
Crisp and Clean yet Perhaps slightly "Over the top"
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
PLEASE take these as general suggestions. Feel free to wow us with something completely different ... we are approaching this with quite a few ideas but a very open mind.
Discount Vials is the retail arm of a three business enterprise selling the same product line. One is staid and professional selling to corporate and university accounts, one dealing with government entities, and this one Discount Vials selling to small business, hobyists, teachers, etc.
- Company Name: Discount Vials no dot com in the logo at all
- Tag Line: We have used "Quality Products - Great Prices - Exceptional Service" but don't really like it. Feel free to change or leave off. There has been much discussion as to whether we should use a tagline at all ..... let your design be your guide.
- Style: Informal to very informal ... probably stopping short of cartoonish .... but still crisp and clean.
- Should be usable for web and print, color and b/w
- Probably a white background -- but feel free to change our mind.
- BRIGHT, DISTINCT, PRIMARY Colors ( 2 or 3 color?) For this site Iâ€™m thinking along the lines of NASCAR type color schemes â€¦ bright, distinctive, contrasting and a little over the top
A visual image of a vial(s) (glass, straight walls, screw cap) either in the form of a photo or more probably a graphic should be included
The letter â€œIâ€ in Discount and/or Vials at first look lends itself to some kind of treatment using a vial for the letter(s) but nothing has ever REALLY caught our eye here. That doesnâ€™t mean itâ€™s out of the question, the fact that we have never seen that effect that we liked could DEFINITELY be more a function of a lack of design ability than a flawed idea.
No mandatory colors, we are starting from scratch. HOWEVER, that being said, going, as stated earlier, we want an "over the top" type look and feel so we have mainly considered the classic â€œsale flyerâ€ type colors. BRIGHT Red, Bright yellow, Royal blue something like http://www.harborfreightusa.com (although that site seems to use two different yellows â€¦ we like the yellow in the text at the top NOT the more mustard like color of the left side bar) Orange, Green are also possibilities. Best Buy, DeWalt, also comes to mind for colors schemes.
Again,. these are guidelines, feel free to try something different, we have seen some INCREDIBLE designs and ideas looking at other contests that we never would have thought of. Be creative, we will consider all designs carefully and provide feedback to all participants.
Questions or suggestions very welcome!!