Title - Logo Design Needed for Healthcare Program
GEC-KO Genetics Education Centre – Knowledge for Ontario
CEG- CO Centre d’éducation en génétique – Connaissances pour l’Ontario
Tell us About Yourself
GEC-KO’s vision is that Ontario healthcare providers have a basic level of genetics literacy and have incorporated genetics into practice as appropriate
GEC-KO is an education initiative aimed to increase genetics literacy in healthcare providers (primary and specialty physicians, nurses, nurse-practitioners, midwives, pharmacists, and other health professionals) by building genetics competencies to enhance practice and quality of care in order to optimize the health and well-being of all Ontarians.
Our main activities will be to:
• provide leadership in genetics education
• identify the genetics knowledge, skills and attitudes useful and necessary for clinical roles
• develop competencies in genetics for various healthcare professions
• incorporate genetics competencies into undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education courses for healthcare professionals
• identify and develop genetics educational resources appropriate to the needs of healthcare professionals
• disseminate these resources (website, pamphlets, lectures etc.)
• evaluate these resources and knowledge translation strategies
This logo will be used on our website with the potential for it to expand to stationary, PowerPoint template for public presentations, etc.
Our audience will be healthcare professionals (primary and specialty physicians, nurses, nurse-practitioners, midwives, pharmacists, and other health professionals, etc), the Government of Ontario, the Ministry of Health and the general public. The breadth will be provincial, national and international.
The interest in 99Designs is to have a logo developed that incorporates Genetics, Education and Healthcare themes, with the program title as an optional part of it (ie logo can stand alone or be used with the program title)
• The logo can incorporate colours but must also be acceptable in black on white format.
o Prefer NOT Red or Yellow
• Key themes are as follows: genetics, DNA, education, knowledge, health, healthcare provider
• The logo must work in both official languages – English and French – together in the same logo.
o FRENCH NAME: CEG - CO Centre d’éducation en génétique – Connaissances pour l’Ontario (French may be smaller font)
• The logo must be professional, modern, and simple but not cute –
o No emblems, work marks, mascots or cartoons
o Gecko imagery is OK
• The logo must command respect and confidence, yet not be harsh
• The logo must be 100% original, no clip art
o Logo must not be similar to existing logos where a Gecko is used ie. Geico and Telus
• Required formats: jpg, pdf, psd, tiff, png