The logo is to be used for the following purposes:
1. Website header
2. Website favicon (browser tab bookmark icon)
3. Business cards
4. Banner ads
The logo should be:
4. Usable in both colour and black & white silhouette forms (e.g. for print invoices and also possible use in a "flat UI" design)
5. Encapsulate the word(s) “Project Hut” and a symbol that can also be adapted to the website favicon.
6. It would be ideal if the symbol would be distinct enough to be also recognized without the words.
7. Perhaps try a couple of variations of combining the words in the name to see what works best, e.g. "ProjectHut", "projecthut", "Project Hut", etc
The logo should ideally evoke the following thoughts and emotions in the viewer:
Colours and stylistic design choices should be made to reflect these concepts. We would like to work around a colour theme based on blue and white (to evoke trust) and possibly orange. It might also be of interest to use multiple shades of blue/white etc.
This logo is to be used as the basis for a completely new design for the ProjectHut website. The existing logo and website can be seen online at http://www.projecthut.com
For reference, competing websites in the same industry target market include:
1. GitHub - http://www.github.com
2. Cloud Forge - http://www.cloudforge.com
3. Unfuddle - http://www.unfuddle.com
4. BitBucket - http://www.bitbucket.org
5. Codebase - http://www.codebasehq.com
6. Beanstalk - http://www.beanstalkapp.com