Ports of Auckland (POAL) is currently running a significant IT project that we have named “Kia Maia!” and we are seeking a logo that we can use for project branding that will reflect the meaning of the phrase and the values of our company. The Maori phrase “Kia Maia!” is part of our company slogan and means ‘Be confident in your ability.’
Working for Auckland, Kia Kaha, Kia Maia.
Kia Kaha, Kia Maia, translates as ‘give of your best, be confident in your ability’. So you may wish to research and include something that is cultrally appropriate in respect of the Maori slogan.
Our vision reflects the company’s commitment and contribution to the Auckland community and economy.
The company’s values are:
• We deliver results – staff and stakeholders benefit when we deliver results. We are confident about our future
• We do things better – We create future growth, and improve our competitiveness, when we constantly challenge ourselves to look for improvements and innovation
• We do what we say – our word is our bond. We are accountable to deliver what we promise
• We respect and care for each other – we show consideration for, and look after, each other
• We work together – we create better outcomes when we communicate and work as a team.
These values provide a framework to guide how we deal with each other and against which to test company decisions and policies
We are seeking an exciting and confident logo design that is in keeping with our vision and values and the meaning of the phrase.
The logo must be clean and uncluttered enough to be used on a document letterhead, yet also have the ability to be written on the side of a building.
The logo must be in keeping with our company brand colour palettes and may be formed of any of the below colours
Primary Colour palette:
o Spot – Pantone 534
o CMYK – 100C 85M 40Y 10K
o RGB – R41 G62 B107
Secondary Colour palette:
The secondary palette takes cues from the environments around the Ports. Each colour has a different value it can be
associated with; light blue for freshness, openness; red for depth and commitment, green for forward-looking, sustainability and
environmental awareness; orange for energy, pace, flair and steel greys for solidity and stability.
• Light Blue
o Spot – Pantone 7458
o CMYK – 60C 6M 18Y 0K
o RGB – 110R 180G 205B
o Spot – Pantone 7427
o CMYK – 5C 93M 90Y K40
o RGB – 156R 19G 46B
o Spot – Pantone 1595
o CMYK – 5C 70M 90Y 0K
o RGB – 217R 94G 22B
o Spot – Pantone 382
o CMYK – 30C 0M 95Y 0K
o RGB – 190R 214G 0B
• Dark Grey
o Spot – Pantone 418
o CMYK – 38C 26M 39Y 72K
o RGB – 87R 88G 80B
• Light Grey
o Spot – Pantone 413
o CMYK – 9C 5M 12Y 14K
o RGB – 198R 198G 188B