I host and produce RailsCasts (http://railscasts.com) which has been around for about 4 years and has nearly 250 free screencasts on learning Ruby on Rails (a web development framework). The name is a combination of "Rails" and "screencasts". I created the logo when it first started and am now looking for a new logo or at least some inspiration.
The current logo is Gill Sans which is a common font, and I would like something more unique. I added the play button in the R which is my favorite part about the current logo. I also like how the triangle in the "t" accents the play button. Screencasts are videos and I want to play on the video theme.
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
I am targeting all Ruby on Rails developers and other web developers who are interested in learning it. The audience is largely made up of men who are passionate about computers and programming. They generally keep up with modern trends, know good design and user experience, and have a high appreciation for simplicity. The language they work with (Ruby) is beautiful and fun.
Visit the website (railscasts.com) to get an idea of the current design. The new logo should have a capital C (RailsCasts instead of Railscasts). No space before the C.
* I do NOT want a random symbol next to a generic font. The identity should be in the name.
* If there is a separate icon/symbol it would be nice if it flowed well with the Ruby on Rails logo, see attachment .
* It should be heavy on the presentation and video theme.
* It should be fun but also bold, techie and appeal to geeks.
* Arcade game logos are a good inspiration. See the attached file for several examples.
* Readability is very important, don't let the arcade theme lose that.
* It should be able to stand on its own without the tagline.
Be creative on:
* The color scheme can be anything. In the current site I use orange and blue, but I am not tied to this.
* The background can be either dark or light.
* It doesn't need to fit into the current website. I will redesign the site around this new logo.
* You can experiment with depth, shines or gradients.
I am looking for inspiration. Even if I don't find the perfect logo I will give the prize to the one that inspires me most.
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte