Must say: Great Barrier Reef Swim Heron Island
Oceanswims in conjunction with Heron Island has developed a new swimming competition around beautiful Heron Island, spanning 3km along the Great Barrier Reef.
Accompanied by well-known, highly respected coaches of elite swimmers, mature age ocean swimmers as well as the vast array of marine life, there is no better place to swim than right on the reef.
Who: - want to experience actual World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef on a coral cay exploring this unique sanctuary of birds and marine life.
- Who love to swim, dive and snorkel in clear safe waters.
- Who love to explore rich natural worlds sharing them with the flora and fauna.
Heron Island is: a private coral cay island on the Great Barrier Reef.
Heron Island provides:
- A unique encounter with nature while living and experiencing life on The Great Barrier Reef, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world.
- A world-class Marine Park where visitors can set their own pace when relaxing and recharging, whether lounging on the beach, snorkeling through the pristine waters of the reef or taking a guided, educational tour of the island’s protected habitat of flora and fauna.
- People – families, couples, friends who want to experience one of the great natural environments in the world.
- Couples and friends who want a relaxing but exhilarating diving holiday.
- Families and couples who love to swim and snorkel in clear safe waters.
- People who love to explore rich natural worlds – both fauna and flora.