The website provides a very important service to students. Checking one's examination or test results is one of the most nerve wrecking moments for a young individual, especially if those examination/tests have long term career impacts. The Logo needs to do a fine balancing act between the following two things:
1) Should be fun and bright enough to appeal to young individuals
2) Should not be very casual as the students will come to the website with a serious purpose
Following are some additional guidelines that designers should refer to:
1) The Logo should include 2 parts: (i) the text "Marksheet" and (ii) a picture. Both these parts should be such that they can be represented together and are also identifiable independent of each other. Ex: Twitter, Apple, Android, etc...
2) "Marksheet" is also the name of the domain and will be used as "Marksheet.xx". where "xx" will be replaced by different domain extensions depending on the country. Hence it should be easy to suffix the text part of the Logo with different domain extensions.
3) Even though a white background is acceptable, a colored background would be preferred