What we do:
We are a marketing consultancy called Heretix. This is based on the English word “Heretic” – which is a person who holds/espouses unorthodox views, particularly against the church. Galileo was a famous heretic because he said the Earth goes round the Sun. At the time, the Catholic Church believed the Earth was the center of the universe, so this got Galileo into a bit of trouble.
Likewise, we believe that much of what people do as “marketing” is the wrong work, based more on faith and things they read in books, rather than the facts/reality.
Our core message is:
1. Marketing is a process of trial-and-error and learning
2. Trying to find the 10% of work that will bring 90% of your growth.
3. Working with experienced experts, we can help you speed your way up that learning curve
4. And we won’t just do the work for you, we work with your team side-by-side, so they can “learn by doing.”
Our target audience - Founders, CEOs and Heads of Marketing – From startups (minimum 20 employees) up to large corporations. They are busy doing lots of work, but they’re not really sure if they’re doing the right work, if they’re doing it well, or if it will make any difference in their business. They have seen one of us give a talk, or read one of our blog posts, or heard good things about us, and they want to come check us out – to see if we could really make a difference for them. Usually in some kind of tech industry, usually in the UK or Germany.
Please create a logo icon and wordmark for "Heretix" that can live together or separately.
I need you to come up with something clear and memorable that embodies our brand. (See “Personality” below). It should look bold, striking, memorable. If you had this logo on a tight t-shirt, you’d be proud to wear it to the gym, because it looks a little badass. It should be a conversation starter.
Tone / Personality
For the visual identity, it’s an emotion, a feeling, somewhere between:
1. Rebellious – definitely going against the stupid boring mainstream. A bit “hard rock.” Striking and irreverent.
2. Tech-savvy – born in the Silicon Valley, it’s the way of the future, intelligent & fearless like Elon Musk.
3. Scientific It’s also part of a very old scientific tradition – I love the visual aesthetic of Gallileo, DaVinci and Copernicus working out tricky problems with a pen and a paper – I love the look of these old scientific sketches. But they may not translate well to a "bold" logo and that's okay - in which case disregard the "old sketches" idea.