We are doing a few things with our Logo.
1) We are getting Rid of the old Praying Mantis Mascot
2) We are getting Rid of the old M in the Green Circle
3) We are keeping all of the original Mantis Pest Solutions font part of the logo. WE are not changing that one bit.
We have letterhead, business cards, shirts, truck decals, pens, invoices, internet website etc to consider in all of this and we don't want a drastic change to the style our font....
We only want to change the way the first letter looks like. Preferably with the "mascot" on top of or as part of the M not as a substitution. Art where the Mascot becomes the M tends to make the name look like "ANTIS" instead of MANTIS.
To that end we have included an example from our first competition where our close second place finisher had a better version of how to incorporate a praying mantis mascot around the first letter of the name Mantis.
So what are we looking for? Looking at the design we loaded up from our previous competition..
1) We want a praying mantis mascot incorporated into the M of the word Mantis. It can be made to look like and M or preferably be overlayed on top of the M like he did in his example, but it can't change the rest of the Mantis font other than the M. In most cases it wont even change the M.
2) We want to have a praying mantis mascot incorporated into a green M ball. Please show this separately. You can have the green ball be just the praying mantis, or an M with the preying mantis above.. whatever your design entails... we want to possible use this on hats, or shirts. This will not be any part of the name: Mantis Pest Solutions. I envision this with the Green ball with your preying mantis in blue relief inside the green ball kind of in silhouette.
3) We want to have a preying mantis mascot that is just the preying mantis itself with no letter incorporation so that we can place it on shirts or on the service trucks. This will not be any part of the name: Mantis Pest Solutions. Please show this separate.
4) We want the preying mantis mascot to be green with blue eyes and to match the colors of our logo. We are open to that changing based upon your own artistic flair, but going in this is what we want. I would recommend staying away from being too intricate and frilly with your design... remember these designs will have to ultimately need to be put into stickers on trucks, or embroidered on shirts or hats and if it is too intricate it just isn't feasible to work with. It can be cartoonish, it can be lifelike, it can be industrial, it can be sifi, it can be very similar to the one the other artist put together... frankly we would have done this directly with him if he was still around but we couldn't get a hold of him. Just stay away from too intricate.