I am using the quickstep theme for WordPress which you can see here: http://maplethemes.com/ basically I need a logo version like the QS in the middle and a logo+text version like you see in the top menu.
Basically, the logo+text version then enlarge the logo like you see in the QS theme.
The website is going to be based around Maple as in the wood and the tree. Maple tree leaves turn this nice Red/Orange/Yellow in the fall and their wood when used in furniture etc is a nice rich looking wood.
As you can see my colour scheme is Brown, red, orange, yellow and green (adding: hint of grey might be nice) but I want to be careful not to look like Christmas. You can see the background image on the website it will be sitting on. It should look good on this image. (the blurry cottage image)
What I don't like:
- Overly complex designs and busy logos
- Script font
- Fonts that are too thin- Probably not using ALL suggested colours as it might be too much (they are there for guidance)
- The use of a maple tree in the logo (just careful this doesn't get too busy)
- Using a maple leaf in the theme
- Somehow incorporating the theme building element
These are obvious ideas I know, I am just trying to get the wheels turning.
I have tried to be specific as to guide you but I am a pretty open minded guy so the canvas is yours.