2. Modern style. We can consider contemporary style too. Avoiding hard edged masculine, but does not need to be expressly feminine.
3. We can consider 2 design approaches
a. Just letters (company name) with emphasis on UI which can be communicated with color, some creative treatment of those letters, different sizing and so on
b. Logo + company name
4. It should be horizontal so that it is easy to scale and use for web, product, and print materials
5. If we go with just letters (or letters with a graphical treatment or integrated design elements) then it should be possible to use the UI part as a mobile device Icon. If we go with logo + company name we should be able to use logo in the mobile device icon.
What should our logo communicate
1. Intuition and Mental Flow. One possible option is to consider using Zen imagery, like a paint brushed circle. Enso (formally spelled ensō) is a sacred symbol in Zen Buddhism meaning circle, or sometimes, circle of togetherness. ... The enso is a manifestation of the artist at the moment of creation and the acceptance of our innermost self. It symbolizes strength, elegance, and one-mindedness. However, this is just one example, and may not fit well with the logo. We are very open to symbols that show flow state (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)).
2. Human expression of thought without effort. This is a lot harder to communicate in a logo form. We have considered a lot of things that appear to be either too boring, overused, or oversimplified. We do not want a brain or thought bubble or anything similar, and we are very open to inspiration from other areas.
3. Calling out the “ui” in intuify. We are looking at several derivative communications with the ‘ui’ that we can use throughout multiple areas of our marketing content.
4. Ideally logo should communicate that we are a technology company, but not software company (if that makes sense).
5. Logo should NOT look like a logo for Yoga or Spa. We also DON’T want to communicate that we are producing nature products. We are not a meditation app. We are a software-based market research company that uses incredibly intuitive software and interactions to help gather uncensored insight from customers. (uncensored insight is one of the many derivative ‘ui’ combintions that we will use in our marketing)
We are early stage, and open to exploration and suggestions. Our initial review came up with the following suggestions, but we are not locked into them. We like them because we feel they communicate what our logo should stand for.
Brandon Grotesque https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/hvdfo…stcreative
Proxima Nova https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/marks…stcreative
TT Commons https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/type-…stcreative
We really like Brandon Grotesque. Our initial preference is to use small font (non-caps) in the logo, but we are open to trying all caps. We are looking at these fonts because we believe they are consistent without communication strategy.
Our initial second choice is TT Commons. It is simple and elegant. We think it works really well for small font logo. It is more even then Brandon Grotesque.
We have also explored a bunch of free fonts, and think Monsterrat is a good font to consider.
We strongly prefer to limit the logo to 2 colors at most (maybe 3, but that’s pushing it). Logo should also work well in Black or White. It should also work in gray scale