We are a new Real Estate Magazine on the beautiful island of
Maui, Hawaii. We are looking for a Magazine Header Design (Masthead). The magazine is called MauiNow HOME with the emphasis on the word HOME in large print/as the main word and MauiNow as the sub-title.
Our tag line (the smallest of the fonts is Maui’s Only Interactive Real Estate
We’ve attached a number of magazine mastheads that we like for layout, design, & typography examples. We also currently have a MauiNow.com logo (attached) but we need it REFINED to compliment the CLEAN & MODERN design of the magazine masthead. So please take creative freedom to revise the logo to match. We would like to keep the font for MauiNow an orange color but a new font style is highly desired. We are
open to your creativity and have outlined a variety of specific examples for the Masthead that you can pick from for your design or submit your own:
1. The magazine masthead will most likely need to fit in a solid color-block of some sort, even if white. We are open to shape and style but check out the attached examples for ELLE Décor (#3), dwell magazine (#5 & #7), Fodors Green Travel (#8), Martha Stewart Living (#11 & #13), Natural Home Magazine (#14) Robb Report (#25)
2. We especially like the typography & layout of Modern Luxury Hawaii Magazine (#1 & #27), and want the word HOME to pop like they have “HAWAII” also see Modern Luxury Dallas (#12)
3. We want the word HOME to be the most prominent like California Home + Design did with “California” (#6), St. Louis Home (#9), & HOME Tucson (#24).
4. We like Elle DÉCOR Magazine (#3 & #10) with the idea that something go inside the “O” in HOME, like. Could be MauiNow, or could be the Hawaiian Island chain with the island of Maui falling into the letter O.
5. We are open to using the Hawaiian Island chain (in a solid color) or the specific island shape of Maui. Some examples would be the Modern Luxury Hawaii Magazine style overlay on a large transparent island
chain or Maui shape, or the island chain or Maui shape in the place of the “W” like W magazine (#23) or a design block like Fodors Green Travel (#8) with the shape of Maui encompassing the bottom half that hangs down/overlays on top of the picture below.
6. We are drawn to a variety of FONT styles: Home Tucson (#24), Modern Luxury Hawaii (#1& #27), the simplicity of dwell magazine (#5), the sophisticated thin font style of Elle DÉCOR (#3, #10, #17), the modern feel of Garden Design (#4 ) & Tucson Home (#24), the modern clean color contrast of Real
Simple ( #19, #20, #21) & Ocean Home (#16).
7. We are also open to a full color header and outlining border around the entire magazine like Robb Report (#25).
8. We need our tagline: "Maui’s Only Interactive Real Estate Magazine" in fine print somewhere in the header like the word HOME in Spacecoast Living Mag (#2), Dwell Magazine’s “At Home in the Modern World” (#5), Real Simple Mag’s “Life Made Easier” (#19, #20, #21),
9. We want a recognizable BRANDING header that despite the magazine cover picture changing, you know this is an issue of MauiNow.com HOME Magazine (a solid branding ecxample is Esquire or Wallpaper, those mastheads are branded so well just a glance at the font and the magazine is easily identifiable).
Thank You for considering our contest, we look forward to your design submission. ALOHA!