The name is a mix of urology and university, the logo should communicate that duality.
In fact, it's planned to do similar concepts with other specialties like neurology or gastroenterology, so the logo should be "modular", i.e. easy to swap out urology for neurology.
So do some part that symbolizes university (e.g. pillars) and some part that symbolizes urology (e.g. 2 kidneys and bladder)
If you incorporate anatomical elements, use kidney and bladder + maybe prostate
The logo should be colored, but also work in a black/white printout.
Maybe part of the duality can be expressed by typography. e.g. express university by font and urology by abstract anatomy.
(e.g. https://www.nord.no/Style%20Library…logoen.jpg )
If you are using anatomy, it should be (even if vague) correct. (see http://www.kidneystoner.org/wp-cont…erview.jpg or https://www.fairview.org/hlimg/krames/89437.jpg )
- light background
- should be legible at very small sizes (like Twitter avatar pic)
- must work in square layout (logo on top, type below) as well as horizontal (logo left, type right)
- graduation caps
- shields (seem to be common in US universities, but very unusual in german universities)
- play buttons are probably a bad idea, unless it's extremely clever
- generic medical equipment like stethoskopes or syringes
Open Source fonts or easily acquirable fonts are preferred.