We need a cool logo/mascot for a Mexican company. We need a cartoon version of a conquistador (Spanish soldier/conqueror/explorer) for a product we will be retailing. The design is fairly open, but some of the things I like are:
• the pointy-tip helmets that they wear
• how they look serious (no smiling) and ready to handle the business at hand (namely exploring/conquering)
• they are fairly well-dressed to be considered soldiers; they have a distinctive flair that says stylish warrior on one hand, but serious soldier on the other
• they are warriors that The Most Interesting Man in the World would tell stories about (Dos Equis reference)
• I kind alike the furled mustaches... the thick ones that curl up at the end just past the lip. try some variations of those
• make him distinctive and unique!
We want the look of this mascot/logo to capture these traits. Basically, we want him to be a no-nonsense character, who is serious about his craft and ensuring that our customers receive only the best. We want him to "conquer" the market and slay all of the other pretenders and wannabes that may be out there.
Now as I stated before, the design choice will be up to you. Will you use a silhouette? A full-body character, or just a headshot? Is he pointing, leading a battalion? Does he have a cape? Doesn't matter, JUST MAKE IT GOOD! But here's what to avoid:
• don't make him look at/face us. He should be looking off to the side or up in the air
• don't make him look down. he's a conquistador... he is triumphant! he has nothing to look down for
• don't make him cheesy, lame, or like you didn't put any effort into it.
• don't make him look computer-generated
• don't make him clean-shaven. give him some facial hair. experiment with beards, goatees, and mustaches. But he's a manly man, not a Gillett spokesperson. Hair em up!
• don't make him too old or too young. Too old and no one takes him seriously. Too young and he doesn't look the part. aim for mid 30's to mid 50's
Let me know any and all questions you may have, and good luck!
** PLEASE NOTE: The included pictures are pictures that we like, but we do NOT own these. You may use them for inspiration, but come up with a truly unique design!!