We want to redefine ourselves as modern, innovative and a community organization. We are not a real estate company - we are an organization with over 14,000 real estate professional members. We represent Realtors and provide services to them to help them in their businesses.
Our mission statement: The mission of the Orange County REALTORS® is to promote the REALTOR® Code of Ethics; to provide education, services and resources to our members; and to advocate the protection of real property rights.
What We Want:
- We want to be different from other organizations in this industry. Most other Realtor organizations have a house on their logo and some kind of regional landscape in the background - WE DON'T WANT THAT.
- NO ORANGES. Every company in Orange County uses an orange fruit in their logo and it's too cliche.
- We want a logo that can stand the test of time so don't use anything that can be seen as outdated in 5 years (i.e. books, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- We like simple imagery that can be easily displayed in multiple colors or a single color (white or black).
- We like logos with dual images or a hidden meaning (see attached examples).
- The logo doesn't have to be literal. Be abstract! Use lines or geometric shapes.
- Think outside the box! We want to see designs that we haven't thought of ourselves.
A little bit about who will review your designs:
We have a team of 4 skilled graphic designers on staff here. We have been working on this logo redesign off and on for a year now. We have all made our own attempts at this but haven't been able to really think outside the box. We've all seen the orange and the house together, too many times.
Our current logo is attached for your reference - we all hate it. I've also attached some other cool logos that our whole team likes. You'll seem the theme of hidden/dual images which is something we would really like incorporated.