Looking for a minimalistic, modern, clean, lifestyle, exclusive, think Apple, literal, neutral, positive, friendly, appealing, inviting and eye-catching logo for a brand of physical products in various product categories.
We are an ecommerce business producing and selling every day usage private label as well as custom designed products of all kinds, therefore the logo should not be related to a specific product group or niche. We are however targeting our products at the more design aware audience, who values quality, style and design at an affordable price.
The logo should be attractive and look good on a kitchen utensil, cocktail shaker, on pet toys, backpacks, phone/tablet accessories as well as gardening tools, etc. It should be neutral but as we want to differentiate ourselves through quality and good design, the logo should resemble that value (think of an affordable version of Apple, a brand we are huge fans of by the way). When thinking of packaging, Apple products come into mind in a high quality minimalistic design with a logo and high quality product picture. By high quality we mean quality in general (in every aspect of the business) but not high end or luxurious. Products are rather simple than sophisticated.
When choosing our brand name, it was the visual aspect of the word and its characters that struck us. A modern and minimalistic text based logo, where one could play with the letters, was the first that came into our minds in terms of logo type and style. But we think that if the style is a fit, any type of logo is justified.
Possible options include…
- Wordmarks - purely text based
- Lettermarks - text based with incorporated symbol that is part of the logo, nicely integrated and does not feel separated, formed from/around a letter or a combination of letters, where a letter or a combination of letters could form a symbol, that is part of the text but could as well be used as a standalone... think Nespresso and it’s N (not in terms of style but concept) or a combination of letters , like “KK” or “NK”
- Abstract marks - logo with abstract symbol - a combination of text and symbol, where the symbol does not necessarily have to be related to any of the characters and can be totally abstract
- I feel lowercase will look better but doesn't have to be true
- I like the idea of a custom font that can't be copied
Please don’t limit yourselves to these guidelines, they are just thoughts. We have a vision, some floating ideas but no definite picture. There is no right and wrong.
Please don’t hesitate, play around with symbols. Also, don’t be afraid of using colour.
Be creative. Let the inspiration flow…
Looking forward to some awesome design!