UPDATE: Thanks to all who have submitted so far. Here are the specifications for the word mark "CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellowship":
LOGO GUIDANCE SUMMARY
1. We're looking for a simple, sleek, and crisp word mark (perhaps with a subtle and simple abstract flourish like this: http://bit.ly/1YCTFYp). Any design elements beyond the text should be very subtle, very simple, and abstract (so if it looks like any particular object like a microbe, it is not abstract enough).
2. The logo must pair our organization's logo "CSTE" and its circular symbol (download and use this one: http://imgur.com/O44xJw0) with the words "Applied Epidemiology Fellowship." Please DO NOT alter the current CSTE logo or symbol in any way. Please do not use a logo with a TM.
3. We like the typefaces we've seen so far that reflect the typeface on CSTE logo, so please continue to reflect the CSTE logo typeface. The typeface styles and color schemes should basically match our current CSTE logo's. The color scheme is: (1) primarily two blues #12345a and #6a97c4 with possible secondary colors of (2) #f7d841 yellow, #979ea5 grey, and #6b6856 tan. We're open to other colors or stylizations if they pair well within the framework.
4. We'd like to see two versions (horizontal and vertical): A. with CSTE's logo overtop of the "Applied Epidemiology Fellowship" and B. with CSTE's logo to the left of "Applied Epidemiology Fellowship"
Message me if you have any questions.
1. Vertical and horizontal logo in transparent .EPS, .AI, and .PNG format.
2. Abbreviated version (AEF) in the same style for use as an icon, in social media channels, etc. in transparent .EPS, .AI, and .PNG format.
3. An 828px by 135px e-mail header integrating the full logo with a changeable background in .PSD or .AI and .PNG format.
SYMBOLS AND CONCEPTS
Important note: We want to be very careful not to overshadow or overpower the greater organizational logo of CSTE. Because of this, we prefer simpler or subtler concepts and discourage any symbol that is too concrete. For example, a shield or magnifying glass, though appropriate public health symbols, would be too heavy-handed for this logo. We want the design elements to be abstract, subtle, and simple like this one: http://bit.ly/1YCTFYp. If it is helpful, here are sample abstract concepts that describe the Applied Epidemiology Fellowship in no particular order: data, analysis, epidemiologic models, mentorship, learning, on-the-job training, workforce development, capacity building, career development, post-graduate opportunities, “residency,” collaboration, networking, professionalization, field experience, practical skills, strengthening and serving local, state, and territorial public health institutions, public health departments, health data, surveillance, and informatics
Read the full description here: http://www.cste.org/?page=Fellowship
ORIGINAL DESIGN BRIEF DOCUMENT BELOW
The attached document below includes important information (such as other logos in the public health field), but some of the specifications have changed. Please refer to the top of this section for the most recent specifications. The logo is for CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellow, so please do not create a logo for CSTE.