*** UPDATE 5-6-11 ***
Please read the brief in detail : )
Picture your deign coming up on the movie screen during the opening credits of an epic blockbuster film. It should be breathtaking.
1. Your design should include an illustration made with CLEAN LINES. Here are some examples of logo design that I like.
2. Things I like:
• Night skies (stars are points of light, not 5-point shapes)
• Trees - not little ones but massive sequoias, redwoods, etc.
Thank you for your time.
*** END OF UPDATE ***
The motion picture industry is flooded with people who suddenly pick up a camera and call themselves a filmmaker. Final Frame Studios is a company with a unique creative vision, technical mastery of light and sound, and years of experience. We need a logo that will define our position in the marketplace.
Our clients describe our work as:
• Though provoking, powerful & emotional
• Exciting & fun
• Engrossing & engaging
• Slick & saucy
Our clients describe us as:
• Masters of light and sound
• Honest & dependable
• Creative & fresh
• Getting this right is critical, so be sure to give it the attention it demands.
• Sans serif. Classic yet creative. Mature yet youthful. Organic yet technological. Timeless with personality. Superseding trends.
• Images of cameras, film, computers, lights, microphones and all other video/film equipment as well as frames of any sort
• Monograms with the letters F, F, and S
• Vertical and 1:1 orientation (e.g. circles and squares)
• Ornate designs that would make embroidery difficult.
• Design with a horizontal orientation. Not long and skinny but more like a TV (16:9) or a film (2.35:1).
• It should be in color but should also look good if silhouetted black on white and white on black. Should be able to stand out on its own if placed on top of a photo or video.
• In the future, I would like to add an element of motion to the logo so please just keep that in mind. Motion is not a component of this contest.
• Vector based output please