Our website is currently logo-less, but here it is to help understand what we do: https://mooresvillefriends.com/
We would like to differentiate ourselves from the library that we support, so their website is: https://www.ci.mooresville.nc.us/225/Library
Here is a Pinterest board with some designs we like:
A couple requests from the group on the design:
1. Historical versus modern: I attached a drawing that the Friends used on previous note cards. Our library was founded in 1890 and has been in the current location in 1939, which was originally a house. In 2005, the library received a large donation from Lowe's Corporation (a large building supply retailer in the US), and a very modern wing was added. So our building is a wonderful juxtaposition between modern and old, so our old logo only displayed the historic aspects- while we don't want to ignore this aspect- but we would like something with a modern edge.
2. Color: We absolutely want to incorporate color, however, since we do have a lot of printed materials for our events, we would like a logo that can also still be easily reproduced in black and white.
3. Name: The logo absolutely must state "Mooresville Friends of the Library." If it the design could incorporate "Mooresville, NC" in such a way that it can be left off for more simple rendering, that would be amazing. It would give us some flexibility when preparing materials.
4. Scale: This logo needs to work huge or small. We print massive posters for upcoming events that sit in the front lawn of the library. But our online newsletter will need a teeny tiny logo at the top.
5. Images: Please keep in mind that although libraries house so many great books, libraries are so much more these days... please don't limit the design to just incorporating images books. Libraries are diversity, technology, and community.