1. Explain what your non-profit does - try to avoid using industry jargon, as if you are explaining to your neighbour what 12for12 does.
12for12 creates software tools to make it easier to collect and serve online donations.
2. Are there any comparable non profits with the same goal? What do you like about their brand presence?
- Swell Invest - Looks inviting, consistent, clean, fun design language for icons across Instagram and website. Makes doing good look and feel cool.
- Coin Up - Don't really like their branding
- RoundUp app - Like the “modern” look, feels playful, nice color scheme and fonts, graphic use is proper
3. Why should people choose 12for12 to donate to? Any accomplishments, plans, goals that can help convey your mission would be useful to explain here
12for12 makes small scale philanthropy very accessible and easy for young people. We want to show that when a large number of people come together to do their part, they can have a large impact.
We plan to highlight and support smaller nonprofits that could benefit from innovation.
4. Is there a unique story behind how 12for12 came to be?
After 15 years of combined non-profit experience, we’ve noticed that there is a large barrier to entry for donating to nonprofits. Many young people want to do good but believe that their small donations cannot have a meaningful impact.
5. Share 3 adjective or words that best describe your mission.
Accessible, impactful, disruptive
6. What is the main message you want to convey to people with your new design?
12for12 is a non-profit software company that makes doing good easy, innovative, and fun.
7. Share 3 adjective or words that best describe the ideal person you want to reach
Young, socially conscious, optimistic
8. Is there a purpose behind getting this designed now?
We are our moving fast to scale our product and need to establish our brand identity.
9. Using 3 adjectives or short phrases, describe your desired look and feel for 12for12
Modern, playful, colorful
We really liked the idea of incorporating a coin, a piggy bank, or a basketball hoop/net into our logo (like going 12/12) but if you have any better ideas go for it!