I am marketing to busy professionals, students, and housewife/retired individuals in an affluent part of Austin, Texas. Austin is a city in the wooded hills of central Texas, and I plan to operate mostly in West Austin near my home. My clients will be wealthy, highly educated, family-oriented Americans. Some will be tech-savvy, some will not.
Basically I am a hometown competitor for Geek Squad, concentrating on customer service and price along with technical expertise. If you want to incorporate the logo, it is "HUMAN HELP FOR A DIGITAL WORLD."
WHAT I WANT - READ THIS
- clean, conservative geometric shapes. I want the emblem to be tile-able, so hexagonal is good
- I want the logo to invoke: I can help you. You can trust me. I am smart. I am a helpful robot that can talk to computers.
Serious: Windows, Sun Microsystems, Apple
Fun: Star Wars, Daft Punk, Aperture Labs, LEGO (the blocks not the logo)
- IT NEEDS TO BE EASY TO PRINT AND APPEAR CLEAR FROM A DISTANCE!
- Multiple color configurations... I will be putting this on a website that will have different color schemes over time, and on door magnets on a black car and a light blue car for starters. I am concentrating on conserving resources, so a green option would be good along with others.
- I have included several images that I hope will inspire you. The CD has a little round logo on it that I like. The images provided are not what I want, I simply think they could inspire
- If you are not familiar with MC Escher I would be surprised to see you here. If you google his name, you will find perfect symmetry and hopefully a wealth of inspiration.
- The 360 bridge is nearby, it could be considered as a source of inspiration, nothing more.
- I have also envisioned a geometric handshake, and a computer keyboard with custom keys spelling out the name and logo.
- I like the idea of a helpful robot that can interpret your computer for you. I always imagine myself as one of those windup tin robots from the old days.
- google image search for "green energy" - lots of the ideas there are really good
- A computer with a green leaf growing out of it sounds pretty neat :)
- visit Philtron.com or look for Philtron Computing on facebook if you are just trying to get more background on the operation
- I would like space for / a version with the website and the phone number at the bottom http://www.philtron.com 512.360.TRON
WHAT I DO NOT WANT
- cartoons, an excess of rounded edges, overly abstract designs that cannot be discerned from a distance
- Yellow, orange, purple. Blue is okay, but don't overdo it!
- wasting your time or mine
The logo will be on business cards, print advertising, website, car magnets/vinyl, STICKERS, and so on. IT NEEDS TO BE EASY TO PRINT AND CLEAR FROM A DISTANCE! I welcome your comments. Good luck!