The “CLME+ Project” seeks to catalyse the Implementation of a Strategic Action Programme (SAP) for the Sustainable Management of Shared Living Marine Resources in the “Caribbean and North Brazil Shelf Large Marine Ecosystems” (CLME+).
It supports the national governments of the CLME+ countries, a multitude of organizations including several UN agencies, regional intergovernmental organizations and NGOs active in the region in the fields of fisheries, environmental protection and sustainable development.
The project helps countries to fully adopt and implement an ecosystem based approach to the priority problems that impact the CLME+ (unsustainable fisheries, marine habitat degradation, and pollution) so that the root underlying causes of degradation in the region are addressed.
• National public service organisations such as fisheries departments, ministries of agriculture, other public service agencies
• Regional (Caribbean + North Brasil) + National NGOs (environmental / ocean protection / fisheries)
• Research institutions
• Regional freight transport associations
• Regional & national tourism associations
• Local chapters of tourism associations
• In the long-term the wide public in general within the region