***UPDATE - June 17, 2011 - CONTEST RE-OPENED - BRIEF UPDATED ***
Thank you for all the submissions we have received!!! We have some great options and a tough decision to make. Although we have some great options...we want to be 100% certain that we select the right logo...therefore, we are re-opening the contest with a couple of more ideas before we make our FINAL decision.
Below are a couple of concepts we would like to try out and see:
1. We want something with color (not dull colors). Miami is a colorful city. We want to make sure the logo is representative of that.
2. We want something NICE, but not so formal as if it were for a "serious" firm.
3. We don't JUST want our name - we want an actual image with the name as well.
4. We want something that BOTH children and donors will like - Children will think its "cool" to wear on their t-shirts, and donors will remember the logo when they see it on our letter-head.
5. We want something that will represent Miami and distinguish the UrbanPromise MIAMI logo from the other UrbanPromise locations (see website listed in description).
6. Some other concepts we would like to see (not necessarily ALL at the same time, but here is some guidance):
• A logo that incorporates a "city" image.
• A logo that has a hand (representative of the hand of God) and a city on top of it. (Could also have other concepts with it...use your imagination!)
• A logo that has a hand (representative of the hand of God), a city on top of it, and maybe a child looking into the city with a road leading into the city.
IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK US QUESTIONS.
Below is a link to a video of the founder of UrbanPromise in Camden, so you get a better understanding of the organization. We are extending this same program/concept to Miami.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing what your imagination will create for us!
*** OLD BRIED BUT STILL USEFUL ***
The logo would be used not only for children and teens (which attend the program), but also to attract donors/sponsors (such as individuals, organizations, corporations, etc). This non-profit organization runs solely on private funds so the logo would need to attract sponsors! We are not necessarily looking for a “child-like logo.” We want something simple, classy, modern, and fun! We would be using the logo for a variety of things ranging from t-shirts for the children, to letter-heads for the sponsors.
UrbanPromise is an international organization in different areas of the world. We have JUST expanded it to Miami, and are in the process of growing. Here are some examples of the websites/logos of the different locations.
• UrbanPromise Int'l: http://urbanpromiseinternational.org
• UrbanPromise Camden: http://www.urbanpromiseusa.org/
• UrbanPromise Delaware: http://urbanpromise.org/
• UrbanPromise Toronto: http://www.urbanpromise.com/
• UrbanPromise Vancouver: http://www.urbanpromise.ca/
• UrbanPromise Honduras: http://www.urbanpromisehonduras.org/index.php
• UrbanPromise Malawi: http://urbanpromiseinternational.or…wi-africa/ (Malawi doesn’t even have a website)
• Our website: http://www.urbanpromisemiami.org (It has NOTHING yet…we are trying to set it up as you will notice, but what we first need is a logo!)
Although UrbanPromise Miami (as every other location) is affiliated with UrbanPromise International – it runs completely independent. Therefore, as you can see – all the logos are different, and there is no one way to do it! We want something original and different!