I am looking for a logo I can use with a mobile app that allows retailers to communicate with customers. We came up with ChattyPants as a playful approach to a serious challenge retailers have. I am attaching a splash screen from the app to show a few things:
1. Current use throughout the app is the font or name only so the most thought should be spent here.
2. We are using fun line drawn icons throughout the app so if you have a creative idea to tie a mark to the logo than we would love to see it.
3. The purple gradient and the hex colors indicated are what we are using so the logo needs to look sharp as white or black on top of the hex. We are also open to other color ideas where the logo will be on a white or black background.
4. I will create an app icon derived from the logo so keeping this in mind would be helpful.
Some thoughts on what to avoid:
- Smashing pants and chat into an icon that does not feel natural
- A simple font on the words ChattyPants (only slightly better is bolding one of the words)
- Chat bubbles and shopping carts/bags are ok but they are so often used. Feel free to be creative in interpretation.
I've added some description to the logos selected in the brief to explain what I like about them. That should help w some of the questions around font design. In summary, the font should look like it works well with the mark, be specific to the brand, and major bonus points go to originality (i.e., something unique) with respect to font design.