What is Sets In the West?
Sets In The West offers high-quality desirable goods to people who are obsessed with Marin County, CA. These people may be lifelong residents or visitors, sampling the Marin lifestyle. Either way, they want to take a bit of Marin back home with them, even if home is just a few blocks away. Residents want to show pride in the county. Visitors want to say they’ve communed with us. Through our partnerships with high-quality brands like Stance, American Giant and Sweaty Betty, our products are of material that endures. To show just how vested we are in our community, Sets In the West gives 10% of all proceeds to Marin County Open Space and Parks Fund.
Sets In The West is founded on creativity. Whether you’re a graphic designer, sales assistant or company collaborator, we value the right side of your brain. We reward the demiurgic and the poetic. While you may not live in Marin County, you are familiar with the concept of Paradise and how it pertains to Marin County. You are able to make, sell or infuse art that is reflective of the free spirit of Marin.
* We can see San Francisco, but we’re not San Francisco.
* 90% public open space including: mountains, beaches, bays, and farmlands.
* We have San Quentin & Skywalker Ranch
* Frank Lloyd Wright designed our jail.
* You can go surfing in the morning in Marin, then snow-skiing in late afternoon in Tahoe.
* There are 260-days of sunshine in Marin.
* We share a border with the most famous wine country in the world.
* The Bohemian Club meets here.
* Sausalito features floating homes.
* We recycle and compost. Every. Little. Thing.
Not to name drop, but:
Julia Child, Sean Penn, Robin Wright, Phillip K. Dick, Tupac, David Crosby, Mike Dirnt, Dave Eggers, David Fincher, Gary Fisher, Jerry Garcia, Bill Graham, Sammy Hagar, Janice Joplin, George Lucas, Van Morrison, Bonnie Raitt, Carlos Santana, Charles Schwab, Grace Slick, Amy Tan, Lars Ulrich, Robin Williams, James Hetfield…
What Marin thinks of Marin:
*“If you want to start a brawl here, circulate a petition to ban mountain bikes from the hiking trails.”
*Marinites love their county. They take pride in the natural surroundings, the liberal attitudes and the celebrities who have lived here, past and present. *They financially support their public schools.
*84% of Marin Land is designated as open space or agricultural. (http://www.marinmagazine.com/April-…t-of-Lots/)
* Marinites who want to show their pride in Marin County.Residents of Marin know they live in the best county in the world. Sure, it’s a wealthy county and a few snobs come along with that, but the good far outweighs the bad. With a laid-back mentality reflective of the ‘60s and the summer of love, Marinites worship the outdoors. They are thankful for the outdoor opportunities that surround them such as hiking, biking, stand-up paddleboarding, surfing and sailing. They do not take it for granted that they are in proximity to Muir Woods, Richardson Bay, Mount Tamalpais and Stinson Beach, but revel in these natural wonders. They will brag about skiing in Tahoe in the morning and surfing Rodeo Beach in the afternoon.
Marinites are united by their political views. It has voted Democrat since 1984 and is known as one of the Democratic strongholds in California. They are staunch environmentalists–85% of the county is protected open space.
What are we doing?
After we secure our logo, we will seed the market with Marin-branded hats to appeal to the Marinites’ sense of upscale fashion, appreciation of good design and desire to be part of a tribe.
*Please reference Pinterest board: