Newly established training and development company. Two like-minded partner founders with professional backgrounds in the learning and development industry with strong experiences in behavioral and people skills working for and with diverse organisations and in different countries and cultures.
Our training programs are based on the experiential learning method (learning by doing / activity based learning): incorporating fun activities and challenges where there are specific learning outcomes.
Our goal is to help make workplaces more collaborative, more human, more happy.
Some of the behavioural outcomes of our training programs are:
- communicating positively
- working as a team: collectively and collaboratively to achieve a
- involving everyone, listening to everyone's ideas and views
- collaborating instead of competing
- responding positively to challenges
- embracing change
- sharing knowledge
- helping, encouraging and motivating each other, taking care of each
- accepting mistakes and learning from them
- trusting our team members
- focusing on our responsibilities rather than blaming others
- accomplishing our part in a collaborative effort
Our training programs are built around high
impact, motivating activities, projects and challenges with
participants engaged in memorable experiences, fun and challenge
(sometimes taking them way out of their comfort zones).
To give you some idea of the activities that we run during our training programs, please take a look at these similar companies (our own website isn't live yet):
http://www.temoutdoor.com (this second site isn't in English but the images convey the concept).
Please also see the activity images in this brief.
Any organisation which employs people who work together to achieve a common goal, regardless of industry. We will also be marketing to business consultancies who might identify training needs for their clients.
We chose this name because:
We are interested in the human in the law firm,
We are interested in the human in the bank,
We are interested in the human in the school’s staff room,
We are interested in the human in the medical professional,
We are interested in the human in the graphic design company,
We are interested in the human in the …
There is a number of partnerships in our concept:
1. The two founding partners who are also the main facilitators
2. We see those attending our training programs, our learners, as our partners
3. We see our client (the organisation that sends its employees to our training programs) as our partner
4. Finally, our external partners who complete the success of our training programs:
a. facilitators we sub-contract (depending on the activities or the number of participants specific to a program, these could be additional facilitators, rock climbing instructors, diving instructors, drama/art experts, etc.
b. hotels/campsites, restaurants/caterers, other suppliers and hospitality providers, transportation companies, insurance companies, etc.
In all these partnerships, we also choose to be better humans and employ the best people skills…
What distinguishes us from our competition is that we are specially trained in organizational behavior, training and facilitation and we have international experience.