Britgirl Abroad is a singer songwriter band. 4 girls, 3 boys but often the girls are the focus of the posters.
The name of the band comes my blog where i wrote about my experiences of being a british girl living abroad and these stories became basis for the songtexts and concert stories.
We play modern sounding songs using instruments like accordeon, mandolin, ukulele.
We bring a good mood to the audience through our performance and choreographies and stories.
The logo should have the following attributes:
- should be the writing "Britgirl Abroad" in one line, with "Independent Folk Pop" as the second line.
- the writing should be in capital letters.
- should incorporate a logo that would fit on a circular badge/pin, that symbolises the band vibe (capricious, fun, gorgeous, funny, happy...)- a shape that is instantly recognisable and could be put on a pin/badge (as the band name is quite long).... I attach an example from my other band....(I don't want the new design to look like this, its is just an example of a neutral shape with the name logo. for example, we use the star in the example on pins)....
- be quite simple and readable from a distance.
- look good on a poster (readable from a distance :-))
- look good on a stage banner (v. big)
- look cool on a tshirt that people would want to wear
- not be too elaborate
- not contain union jack references (or at the utmost only very abstractly.
Our target audience is 30+