ATTENTION BRIEFING DOCUMENT UPDATED AS OF 26. MAY !
Please refer to mandatory concept attached and take the following into close consideration:
• reference concept see attached concept images (1) for further explanation
• silhouette of a person lunging forward, holding a Squash-racket, dynamically preparing to hit the ball
• the local mountain is depicted in the gap spanned by the person's legs
• lettering: Squashclub Grabs
• Print on textile is a major objective; the logo must meet the related requirements.
• We love the details of the reference logo (e.g. person's filigree sections in different colours) – however this is not apt for printing on textile.
We hope get one simplified version for print on textile and maybe the reference, 'filigree'-one for webdesign, paper print etc.
Person's Silhouette / Squash Racket / Mountain
• Alike the reference concept, an abstracted, gender-unspecific silhouette is welcome, showing dynamics of typical movement in Squash, ergonomically correct.
• The impression should arise, that the person makes a lunge 'over' the mountain
• instead of the line as in the reference logo, we would like to have a sketchy image of the local mountain.
• (1) shows the mountain and what we consider as its 'recognizable silhouette'. It also shows an example what we mean by 'sketchy image' of the mountain.
• The reference racket is not a good example: alike the abstraction of the person, we want it to be a similarly abstracted design, example see (1)
Lettering & Typeface
• Order of letters must read 'Squashclub Grabs'
• Alternative font proposals certainly welcome
• For robust printing on textile, we imagine an all-black design would be reasonable
• No colour concept existing as of today; should this be crucial to know at this point, we'd address it in a first iteration loop
• See also remarks under 'Person's Silhouette' – alternative versions welcome, feel free to provide recommendations