OK... so we've tried to have this catalogue designed by someone else, so I have feedback on their designs explaining what is NOT right... this should help a bit!
WHAT WE WANT:
Please look at the flipbook viewable on https://sacindustrial.co.uk/ as the 2018 catalogue. This gives you a general impression of the style / layout for the cover (it's also attached as a PDF, but please note we need an image on Front and Back this time).
WHAT WE DON'T WANT:
Here is feedback on what we don't like (see attached PDF files).
• Image is not relevant. The product offering is for smaller industrial workshop companies. The picture is of a multinational warehouse operation.
• I don’t like the shadow font on the 2019 catalogue text – off brand
• Light blue and capital letters is off brand
• 40 years message is from 2017 and not relevant unless reframed
• Address is incorrect
• 5 day delivery message is ambiguous. Free delivery is available for orders over £75 and 5 days is quoted for some products, so this statement is misleading, although we need to write a similar reason to buy statements on the front cover
• Imagery is better but still doesn’t work. No hard hats needed
• I don’t like the white lines separating the text as its unbalanced compared to back cover
• Needs s ingle consistent sized font and colour. E.g. all the same size and either in whole red or whole white
• Missing website address on back cover
• Needs an Instagram social media icon adding
• See above comments
• I don’t like any of the back page imagery. If we use a person the front cover the back cover needs to be an industrial workshop, similar to a Bott example
• Front cover image is better. I like the friendly female face looking into the camera with a clipboard ready to help, but hard hat means it’s not relevant to the audience
• Text on front cover needs to be…
o 2019 Catalogue
o Equip A Space for all your workspace needs at exceptionally low prices
Sadly these are poorer that the previous designs!!
The female photos chosen. First one is not relevant of a lady in a business suit in a warehouse. The second is the most unwelcoming strange female image that could have been chosen!
Also the instruction to NOT use a warehouse image for the rear cover but to use a WORKSHOP image, similar to the Bott example images I took time to supply has been completely ignored
Disappointed, so I haven’t looked closely at the other elements
Sorry to say these are poor and totally rejected
So... you now know what we don't want.
Also attached are some images which the client is referencing as liking for the back page (although please DO NOT use these images - please find stock imagery in a similar style). These are called bott1, bott2 & bott3.