IMPORTANT: Please read the brief CAREFULLY. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.
We are currently looking for a new cover for the next issue of our print magazine. Our readership constitutes of mainly male German-speaking expats in Japan, nearly half of them are executives. The main theme of this issue is the Japanese Artificial Intelligence (AI) market. We already have a set template for the cover and are looking for a unique, creative design/image to fit into that template (see attachments). IMPORTANT: The green frame is NOT part of the template, we just added it to show which part needs to be changed. Please erase the green frame, when you create a design.
We have the following requirements for our cover image:
- The main theme of the issue is “Japanese AI” – emphasizing especially how Japan as a robot pioneer is trying to catch up to the global competition in AI development. Another important theme is how demographic changes (overaged society) constitute a catalysator for Japans interest in AI (Society 5.0). We want the cover image to reflect these topics.
- Background knowledge: Perhaps the biggest asset of Japanese AI is the industrial breadth and depth of the country. Japan has a variety of manufacturing, robotics, engineering, computer and chip, computing, automotive and electronics industries, more then any other country in the world.
- It has to be VERY clear that the magazine is about “JAPANESE MARKET” (through, for example, Japanese people or Japanese buildings etc.). However, since AI is a very important topic worldwide, that has consequences on the global market, we would like that to be expressed on the cover as well. For inspiration, please look at projects like Softbank’s Pepper (https://www.softbankrobotics.com/us/pepper), Honda’s Asimo (http://asimo.honda.com/), the Toyota Research Institute (https://www.tri.global/) or Preferred Networks (https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/)
- You could base your design on a photo, make a collage or design icons/graphics – anything is fine! If you use a stock picture, please arrange it like the combination of photo and icons, like what we did in our last covers (see the attachment).
- If you use a stock photo, stick to istockphoto.com or similar lower-prize options if possible. (If you already own the pictures you want to use, it does not matter which website you got them from, of course.)
- Here ist a suggestion: Do NOT just paste the stock photo into the template. Originality of design is necessary.
- Please insert the following tentative title into the image:
Herausforderungen und Chancen
"KI 2.0" is the main title and therefore bigger than the other part.
- On our newsportal, you can find the past cover designs of the print magazine:
- Please DEFINITELY look at our past covers so that you can get a feel for what we are looking for!
- But also, please choose a DIFFERENT color design, especially in comparison to the last year’s covers (No.1, No.2, No.3 and No. 4 2018), and previous issues on AI themes (No. 2/2017, 6/2015 and 5/2015)
- Media data:
IMPORTANT - The final data of the final image for our magazine:
The picture resolution should be 350 dpi and use the CMYK colour model. Our team works with InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, so it is important you can provide us with a file that can be opened and edited in InDesign (.indd) and Illustrator (.ai-file). Please also provide us with a .psd data that we can edit in Adobe Photoshop, with separate layers.