To engage creativity we will run a two steps contest.
1 - provide a look and feel design for the set of screens detailed below.
- App sign (and logo). We need a simple appealing logo, it needs to be simple and easily recognisable.
- Splash screen: we favour a dark themed splash screen with the sign + logo which will turn into the login screen (like the facebook app).
- Map and restaurant list
- Wine card (a wine card is a short screen which describes a wine)
- Wine details (this is the extended version of the wine card with extra details and reviews)
- My wine list (list of the wines I tasted with my rating and comment)
Deadline 2 weeks or as soon as we find a design which stands out.
2- the winner of the design contest will design the remaining screens.
The selected designer will be provided with the full list of screens including:
- A mock-up of the 15 main screens
- A link between the screens (to understand interactions)
- User feedbacks that we collected through QA, testing
The total number of screens is approximately 20. Which could be broken down into 15 main screens and 4/5 utility screens like filters, profile options, review the app, share, etc. That added with some basic utility screens (pop-up notifications, write a message, edit a field, select from a list, etc.)
Icons: so far we have about 15 icons.
Badges: we expect to design some badges that users will get as they review wines.
Deadline: 70% completion 1 week (after project allocation), 90% completion 2 weeks. The last 10% is expected to be completed during the integration phase with the development team.
The complete set of screens shall work on both Android and iPhone (different designs are expected to follow best UI practices).
The design shall give appropriate rendering on all format of phones:
- iPhone standard and Retina unsing iOS 7+
- All Android devices on Anddroid 4+
Colour: Bordeaux red to purple
Secondary colours: rating colours, from red (bad rating) to green (good rating) like on Foursquare
Users: they might be conservative, but we want to take wine out of its boring shell, so design can be fun but not excessive.
Wine main characteristics:
- Wine name
- Rank (how it compares to other wines)
- Wine rating
- Food match
- Body type (full, medium, light)
We need to target two type of users. Firs the wine enthusiasts, they have been through formal wine courses, know their stuff (10% of the population but 90% of the reviews).
Adults going out and drinking wine is a social environment. The typical user might not be a heavy smartphone user and the design needs to be intuitive enough to use without the need for an introduction (90% of the users but 10% of the reviews).
All the screens, icons, badges
iPhone/Android icon and sign
Design adapted for all the above mentioned formats
Vector icons and designs
Adaptation of the app sign for different formats:
- Black and white