Make sure the infographic engages the audience and tells the story with imagery and design.
Here is the points:
How the Internet Actually Works
1. The user keys in a web address on his or her personal computer utilizing a browser
2. The personal computer sends the request within a packet assigned with an ip address (143.65.434.22) out over a vast network of cables
3. The request reaches a data center with 100’s of computers where the packet is then routed to the destination server (most often located at another physical location).
4. The server then processes the incoming request and sends the data back to the original computer that requested the web page
5. This is completed by sending 1000’s of different packets of data which consist of all the images and files needed to render the page
6. This entire process can happen in just under 1 second and accounts for 1 out of the billions of internet requests that take place per day