Design Holiday campaign theme complete with fonts, color schema, background etc. to develop Holiday Catalog (40 pages). Catalog will be mailed to single family homes near store locations to invite them to visit our stores and do their Xmas shopping with us. It will contain products from various categories such as Jewelry, dresses, shoes, Bags, Kitchen Tabletop, Gourmet Food, Kids, games & Toys, Inspirations/Religious, Home Décor such as Plaques, Tech accessories, Fun & Family etc. Think of gifts for everybody :).
What we are trying to get is a theme, design concept that can be used to layer actual products, description etc..so that it flows through all campaigns and especially the catalog. For e.g. Female Accessories such as jewelry, Bags may have a feminine, flirty look and feel but still flows with color scheme, background, and design for the other category say Home Décor.
Idea is that once catalog design is set, we can just work on product images and descriptions to complete the catalog. Design should be able to accommodate promotions such as Buy 1 Get 1 Free, Special Value, Buy 2 for $x. etc.
Front Cover of the catalog will probably feature products.. may be a single item or collage of products such as in tree format, Snowflake or gift . Depends upon theme/idea.
The front and back of catalog will have different store location name/address.. so that should be in single color to allow overlay with black and white plates.. Of course catalog will be in full color/full bleed…Trim Size is 8" X 10-1/8". Saddle stitch along the 10-1/8" dimension
So this project is about coming up with design concept that can be taken forward to build actual catalog. Ideally the design concept should include the following
1. Overall theme of the campaign appropriate for the Hallmark Gold Store(s). Main idea is to get people into the store and say we have everything for all their gift giving needs.
2. Cover Page Design /Theme
3. Categories design and theme such as for jewelry/Women, Home Décor, Men, Kids etc.
4. Promotions/Attention Grabbers for product promotions, free items etc.
5. Font style, size for various aspects of text such as description, stock #, Title, Regular Price, Sale Price etc.
6. Personalize Me Callouts.. that let users know that this item can be personalized… such as engraved, embroidered etc…
7. Something that says.. support your local business.
We are open to anything and everything and do NOT have any pre-set notion about design, layout etc.. It is all open. We want our catalogs to look way different than before which forces recipients to take notice and flip through.
The winning designer will have the opportunity to work on the full catalog project.
In the attachments you will find Hallmark Logo, samples of past catalog just for reference purposes. Last Year’s Xmas Catalog is http://issuu.com/amitshallmark/docs/winter2012
A very small collection of tabletop items that will be featured this year are https://www.dropbox.com/l/vOhB0zdP6qxyhtlRatO09c