We want a refreshed look and feel to our workbooks, so what we need from this contest is essentially a new template. Once we get this new template we will use it for all our 80+ workbooks.
Attached to this contest is a zip file containing an adobe Indesign file with a couple of pages of one of our workbooks and a file containing our logo and colors.
We feel the problem with our current template is that it sort of "boxes in" the content, or makes it feel "closed" in. The look and feel of the current template feels old and we would like something more modern and minimalist with lots of white space.
We want you to provide us with an Adobe Indesign file with the same couple of pages, except in a refreshed more open template. We do not require any content layout or design work, just a new template.
The template has the following requirements:
- The design will likely be different for the title page and for every other page.
- The template needs to have enough whitespace for us to "stamp" the legal text. In the attached example you will see the legal text in top right and bottom middle for the title page and just the bottom middle for every other page.
- Every page other than the title page will have a time bar on the top right, so the template for every other page needs to have enough whitespace for us to put the timebar.
- We have attached our logo. There are two options: with and without the tag line. Either one is fine for the new template. The current template uses the one without the tag line because the tag line color was too much on the old template.
- As part of our refreshed template we are going to want to include a little tag line that says something like "Rebalancing Leadership, Rebalancing Society". This could be under the logo like a tag line, or somewhere else on the template faded in the background.
What we expect from you:
An Adobe Indesign file with the new template both for the front page and for every other page. You can simply provide the same content samples we have provided except using your new template, that will be sufficient for our content editors to use as we migrate our entire catalog into this new template.
There is no need to do any content design though you may need to rearrange it a bit given you'll have a new template!