We want some new templates designed for our magazine layout. The magazine is called Innovative Retail Technologies. We are a PC-based publishing company, and we use InDesign CS5, so all files would need to be compatible with that version. We are looking for only the templates that we can then use each month when designing our issues. This is a one-time job, not an ongoing one. We will drop in text and photos each month into these templates. We need templates for the following editorial sections:
1. Contents page - one left-handed page
2. "First" pages - one left- and one right-handed page - these pages follow the content page and include short articles, Web-only content, small charts/graphs, newsy content
3. Feature article - title is "Innovator of the Month" -- four page layout including first page as a photo or graphic that would change each month. Need design for headline, subhead, body text, pull quote, photo caption.
4. Proven Innovations (e.g., case studies) -- one to two-page articles that could be facing pages or two left-hand pages. Need design for headline, subhead, body text, pull quote, photo caption.
5. What's Next -- trends section -- includes one single-page editor opinion left-hand page (including editor photo) and then "Retail Trends Updates" that are articles that include the perspectives of a few industry insiders talking about one topic. The latter is not a Q&A format. Need design for headline, subhead, body text, pull quote, photo caption for each of these two parts of this section. Should include headshots in design.
Closing Points -- single left-hand page that includes a different editor's photo than in the What's Next section. This is an opinion column.
The number of columns per page is up to you as is the typefaces you choose. All pages should include footers that include the name of the magazine, issue month and year, and page number. Colors are up to you, although we do not prefer light pastels.
The audience of this magazine is retail executives.