We need versatile templates for Microsoft Office use. This competition is about the Word template which should include:
• cover page,
• Table of Contents,
• Version control info (table?).
• Styles for body text, picture and/or table styles for text, bulleted lists, perhaps cool table format for presenting numbers in several (up to 8) columns and many rows (financial info).
• Numbered headings on at least three different levels (1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc).
• Header and footer should be different on cover page (or none at all) and include project name or the topic, company info, page number/total number of pages (4/10).
Most documents will be fairly formal but they should not look dull. If you think about a good business plan, project plan or software development plan, you can perhaps imagine what we need. We do wish people to read them!
I have used Minion Pro (which I like very much) as logo typeface but as we work together with so many customers and many times with other professionals all over the world all fonts used should be ones that just about every one has on their computers (both Mac and Windows). I know this is a limiting factor for a designer but there isn't much we can do about it or is there.
We have also used both gray and marine blue as colors and this can be continued (please take a look at the logo). Color can bring some life to documents that are often full of boring text, diagrams, details and financial numbers and such.
*** There should be some joy in these some times very detailed documents! Please, remember that we use A4 not legal or letter size paper!
There is no need for separate left and right side design but that can be if there is something that it could bring with it.
After this contest is over and the design and designer selected we would like to continue with matching PowerPoint template. The content of the Word files is then presented with PowerPoints that typically include the following. This info is given just to help you with the Word Template Contest today.
• Bulleted text on at least three levels.
Template should include
• section cover,
• Table of Contents slides,
• slides with one text box,
• two columns, picture or graphics, and
• picture with text.
• One important thing is the spreadsheet type of slide design that is often needed.
• Numbering and other footer/header info should have place holders for date, project name and other info you think is neccessary.
• Slide format should suit the modern wide screen monitors (who is using 4:3 monitors these days?).