Regarding the magazine's required specifications for the advert, these are specifically as follows:
- Size: 130mm (length) - 180mm (width)
- Acceptable formats (PC format preferred):
1. Portable Document Format (PDF).
The PDF must be supplied as a composite file saved at 2400 dpi.
We recommend that all those wishing to submit material as PDF files
request our performance file containing our Acrobat Distiller settings to
ensure high-quality prepress output. PDFs should be Acrobat 3.0
compatible. Please ensure that the 'embed all fonts' option is switched
on. All original graphics must be 350dpi at the size they are to be used.
2. Adobe Illustrator, with text as outlines
3. Adobe Photoshop
4. QuarkXPress, including fonts and images
5. InDesign - with all associated files included.
- Colour management, ICC profiles or lab colours should NOT be
embedded. A (colour) proof MUST be included for proofing/colour
- We will not be responsible for reproduction without a colour proof.
- Image/ graphic resolution must be a minimum of 300 dpi to achieve the
necessary sharpness of the final printed image.
- All Pantone colours and RGB images must be converted to CMYK.
- Colour management, ICC profiles or lab colours should be NOT be
- Files should not contain any Truetype or Multiple Master fonts, because
they can perform unpredictably. Saving text as outlines also helps avoid any
- Please make sure all associated images/graphics and fonts are
included/embedded in the final files to be sent.
- Bleed is not mandatory for this advert as it will be placed inside a box.
Finally, for the company logo, the CMYK colours are:
Cyan (C): 100
Magenta (M): 60
Yellow (Y): 0
Black (K): 10
Also, please note that the photo numbering has just changed to reflect a change in our preference for the photos used in the advert.