The product name, "Data Alchemist", conjures up the image of a sorcerer or magician. With this we are trying to convey the real magic that we can do with streams of data and content. That being said - I am not looking for the more obvious images you would think of (wizards, wands, etc) but something more subtle.
The design must be contemporary and capture one or more of the subtle aspects of the product such as stealthyness, networked, agent-based, and/or data transformation.
This graphic may be used as icons in the product, images on printed material and/or images in the web-based marketing material and should not contain any copyrighted materials.
A few other design thoughts include:
1) Use of Dark Reds and Blacks is good as they match the product interface
5) Three dimensional, shaded graphics
6) Embedding the product name in the graphic is fine as long as the typeface is clear and readable
7) Stay away from the older looking computer-type font
8) Some ideas have been floating around about using a dark background and using a bolt of lightening.
I really hope this helps!