We are looking for someone to design a dashboard to be displayed in a lobby (1920 x 1080 and have a landscape orientation) to represent energy consumption.
We want to highlight how much each building in the campus (21 buildings in total, might be more in the future) are consuming and how much carbon they emit.
The information we want to convey is:
- how much each building is consuming
- which buildings are consuming the most
- how did the energy consumption change from one year to another.
- how much this consumption translates in terms of charging an iphone for example, or a flight from Paris to New York, or how it translates to the energy consumption of a theme park such as Disneyland.
We are concerned that people will just pass by and ignore it.
The dashboard will be displayed on an NON interactive screen in the lobby.
This campus do not have wind turbines nor solar panels, and we do not have gas or water data, please kindly avoid adding water or gas icons or images.
The technology does not matter for the dashboard, no coding or development is required from your part as we will develop the dashboard based on your design.
Your challenge will be to represent the data so people would actually stop and be interested in this.
Could be bubble chart with one bubble per building (bubble size changes depending on amount consumed) playing in loop, a map of with buildings which consume the most in red colour, Simple year on year comparison. Building comparison. Show energy savings progress over time.
The most important part is for the dashboard to be visually appealing and understandable.
No data will be provided, however below is the list of data we have available to create the dashboard based on your design:
- kWh per building
- location (each building)
- time stamp
- GFA (Gross Floor Area) of each building to normalise the data (bigger space consumes more energy, so having the GFA could help us compare apple to apple)
Could also compare to available public information such as average office or household consumption.
Please keep in mind that most people are unlikely to understand energy in terms of kWh. So, you'll need to put it in context.
You will also be required to:
- provide the editables of your deliverable
- sign our terms & conditions
- sign our NDA
Thank you in advance and looking forward to hear from you!