SEE UPDATES AT THE BOTTOM OF DESCRIPTION
We need a refresh of:
1) Current logo (Block "R" with two lacrosse sticks)
2) Alternate version featuring our mascot (Mustang)
3) Font for branded materials
1) Our current "Block R" logo is based on the Rutgers University "R" and we prefer to stay with that direction. It suggests strength, stability, and a university feel. If you have a better idea for the "R," let us know! The current crossed lacrosse sticks do not work well on apparel, especially embroidery; they are too thin and can resemble rowing oars.
2) The alternate logo should include our mascot; the Ford Mustang logo. Another popular version is the Southern Methodist University Mustang.
3) The font will need to work on digital graphics (Website), prints (Banners), and apparel (Caps, shirts, jackets, player uniforms). Application on apparel could be embroidery or printed.
Our Club colors are Dark Green (RGB: 0, 74, 37 HSL : 106, 255, 37) and Vegas Gold (RGB: 197, 179, 88) HSL : 50, 55, 77).
Green is the dominate color and gold is the accent. We need the gold to differentiate us from other dark green clubs.
We apply the logo to green-and-white uniforms. We use black as a background, too. We never use gold or yellow as the background.
6/20: Message sent to Designers:
-We are the boys lacrosse club for Redmond, WA. You know: Microsoft's home town.
-We are not an official high school sport but want to align with Redmond High School.
-We'd like to have 2 logo options; one that uses the Block R and lacrosse sticks and one that uses our mascot (Mustang). You can submit for one or both.
-The Vegas Gold hue should be used lightly; an accent.
-Let me suggest some inspiration that you are welcome--not required--to explore: we see a connection between the roots of lacrosse (Native American heritage) and our mascot (Mustangs are the spirit of the West). Would love to see designs that explore this.