I would like a packaging design for my Cub Co-Z Convertible Carrier. The product is a diaper bag that converts into a sling-style baby carrier. A demonstration of the Cub Co-Z can be seen at http://www.lilcubhub.com (The website is in the process of being redesigned so please disregard the work-in-progress look it has right now). I will be attending a trade show, the ABC EXPO, in October to find retail stores for distribution of my products.
A very important part of the packaging design is the need to convey the convertible aspect of the carrier. I need something that makes it clear that this is one product with two purposes (it converts from diaper bag to carrier and back with just one zip). I am pretty confident that stores would place it with the baby carriers, rather than diaper bags when selling them.
Other features include:
- All the baby items and accessories that are stored in the bag are still conveniently accessible when it is used as the carrier
- It can carry a baby or toddler up to 35lbs.
- There are four carrying positions for the baby/child
- A pocket for storing baby necessities
- An internal pocket for IDs, cash, and credit cards
- A cell phone pocket
- An insulated bottle pocket
- A matching changing pad
- A carabiner for attaching keys and toys
- An adjustable/removeable shoulder strap
- It's available in different patterns and solid colors, is made from 100% designer cotton fabrics, is washable, and it is made in the USA.
The dimensions of the product in the way it would be packaged are about 12"X12"X3". It would be packaged zipped up in the form of the diaper bag with the strap removed and placed inside the pocket.
I look forward to your ideas!
Lil' Cub Hub