We would love a creative and eye-catching postcard (15cm by 10.5cm) printing on back and front. It can either be horizontal, vertical or you can provide us with two versions.
The audience: We require a postcard to appeal to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, as well as the workers who help them. So it's important that the design is not conservative or boring - we need something eye catching, something to stick out amongst a rack of dreary information...
Message ideas: [AMENDMENT - note we originally suggested some messages and phrases to consider but for the sake of clarity we have decided to drop these messages. instead it would be good to consider prominently featuring the words "homelessness" and "law" (or "homelessness" and "legal help") perhaps with visuals in relation to eviction or being fined in the city. We like the use of interesting fonts and line drawings to achieve this....]
The purpose: So clients and workers know who we are, what we do, how we can help, and how to contact us/access our services.
(1) We can provide a range of free assistance including information, legal advice and representation to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
(2) We can assist people with civil law issues including housing and tenancy matters (to prevent eviction); fines and infringements connected to homelessness; credit and debt issues and guardianship and administration orders.
(3) Clients or their caseworkers requiring legal assistance can contact our free call number 1800 606 313 (Note freecall only from landlines, clients using mobile phones can call us and we can call back)
- We have outreach legal clinics in central Melbourne, North Melbourne, West Melbourne, Collingwood, St Kilda and Geelong.
- To learn more about the Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic and our work see http://www.pilch.org.au/hplc, http://www.facebook.com/homelesslaw and http://www.twitter.com/homelesslaw
Please KEEP IT SIMPLE, language & layout. We'd like our clients to pick up the key info as easily as possible.
Please do not use stock photographs that engage with stereotypes of homeless people (ie people looking miserable on the streets)
Please prominently display the key information
Please include our logo (attached).
Please provide the design in a format that can be edited (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Note we may edit or rework designs provided and copyright will remain with the PILCH HPLC.