I need artwork for a DL-sized flyer and a poster. The poster design needs to work from size A3 up to A0. Both the poster and flyer should be portrait format.
The show will be a lot of fun and so I want a design that communicates that sense of fun while also communicating the following key points...
1. The show is a musical comedy show - all of the comedians appearing are musical comedians.
2. The name of the show - "1 Night Stand: A Musical Comedy Showcase"
3. The headline act (Rusty Berther) should be highlighted as he is the key drawcard for the show. It would be ideal if the design also includes a photo of Rusty. When Rusty's name is used, please add the name of his his former act in parentheses, for example: Rusty Berther (Scared Weird Little Guys).
4. Other acts should also be named but it's not mandatory to include the descriptions in the copy document or their photos - it's up to you as to what you feel works best with the design.
5. Details of date, time, venue, ticket cost and how to buy tickets must be included.
6. In the bottom right corner, the logos for the comedy festival and venue (Chapel Off Chapel) must be shown. The Chapel Off Chapel logo must stay as black and in the proportion provided. The use of the comedy festival logo must comply with the festival's brand guidelines, which are attached in a PDF doc titled MICF 2016 Season Logo Guidelines. Please read these brand guidelines carefully and follow them. In particular, take note of:
a. The comedy festival logo must be in the bottom right corner.
b. The clearspace requirements for the festival logo.
c. Do NOT distort or change the colour of the logos, and do NOT use any design elements from the comedy festival logo (e.g. cartoon character) elsewhere in the design.
One location the posters will be used is in venues where there are walls covered with hundreds of posters, so the more you can make my poster stand out the better.
For copy to be used on the flyer and poster, see the attached 1 Night Stand Copy document. This document contains *more* details than mentioned above. As long as the key details mentioned above are covered, feel free to use your creative discretion in what copy to use.
Apart from the photos of the performers, there is also a photo of a guitar and keyboard in bed together. It's your choice as to whether to use this photo or not - the main aim is to get an eye-catching, creative design that communicates all the key details.