We are starting a new campaign, #FoodForThought, and we are looking to design an exciting 1 pager that people will encourage people to pass along this flyer and the message.
The following is what we would like on the page:
- At the top, we would like our logo in big and centered
- I want the header / title to be: The Three Square #FoodForThought Challenge
- For the description, I want the following:
You've been 1 of 5 people chosen by an anonymous friend to participate in the Three Square #FoodForThought Challenge! The purpose of this campaign is to see how many canned goods we can raise as a community to benefit Three Square during Childhood Hunger month (July). Our goal is to raise at least 78,125 donations, all of which will go directly to families in need.
The math is really quite simple in this challenge - If everyone that is challenged participates and sends this to 5 people, when the chain is 7 people deep we will have reached 78,125 people, or 5 to the 7th power. So far, your chain is ____ people deep (in case the math is hard for some folks out there, you would add 1 to the number that's on the letter you received). If you're not number 7, we hope that you will carry forward this chain so that we can hit this number.
If you are up to the challenge, and we really hope you are, then please follow these instructions:
1. Take a picture of the food that was sent to you and post it on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). The description should be the following: "1 of 6 households in Nevada is struggling with hunger. 117,000+ children in Southern Nevada regularly go hungry #threesquare #foodforthought" (should be exactly number of characters that fit in a tweet in case you go the Twitter route)
2. Drop off canned goods that were sent to you at Three Square Food Bank. Make sure to contact DeWayne McCoy at 702 644-3663 ext. 361 to schedule a time. Also, don't forget to mention you're part of the #FoodForThought challenge!
3. Choose 5 people that you want to anonymously challenge. Make sure that you can get their home OR office address (office makes for a fun and social box reveal). ProTip: pick a social media guru, as this will make the challenge all the more fun. Hopefully, fingers crossed, you will get to see and engage their post on social media.
4. Include the following in each person's box: this letter (imgur.com/Jfbd6G) with filled chain number *very important to keep track of our chain depth*, (1) canned tuna, (1) Canned milk or powdered milk, (1) box of cereal, (1) set of toothbrush and toothpaste, (1) pack of diapers, (1) pack of toilet paper and (1) Allergy Friendly Product. You will obviously have to buy 5 of everything listed above in order to send to 5 people.
5. To keep this challenge fun - we recommend that each person buy these items at the grocery store, then go to the post office (FedEx or UPS fine too) to box them up and ship them. For the return information, please put Three Square's Information (4190 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89115) so it remains anonymous
6. At the end of July, we will tally the total number of packages we have received and tag everyone on social media the results!
Taking out an hour of your day might seem meaningless to you, but if everyone participates we can really make a huge difference in our community in a short amount of time. The idea of this experiment is to show off our community pride through social engagement and donations. This type of challenge has never been done before - so let's show the entire country that Las Vegas can hang with all the other big cities! You were chosen because someone believed in you. Because they thought that you would be trustworthy enough to follow through on this important campaign. Let's make it happen #FoodForThought