I bought rubber ducks (http://www.pricehot.com/itrubberduck.html), and I am going to name them, and give them to each developer I hire to assist with with their rubber duck debugging (http://www.rubberduckdebugging.com/).
I want to provide them the duck, WITH a 'flyer' that names the duck, and describes its purpose using 4 bulleted items.
I need a 4x6 flyer (portrait) designed that will have the duck in some way on it, a name badge of the duck, and 4 bullets describing what the duck is to be used for.
I'd like it to be fun, not all professional and tidy, its a rubber duck after all! :)
PLEASE DO NOT:
- use the image of the duck provided, its a photo and I want the flyer to be more cartoon feeling
- take up the entire flyer with text
- do not put any URL's on the flyer
- make it fun
- use the colors of our logo (blue: #338cc8, dark gray: #232323)
- include the company logo (just uploaded), somewhere smaller just for branding.
The text to be used:
1. Place rubber duck on desk and inform it you are just going to go over some code with it, if that's all right.
2. Explain to the duck what your code is supposed to do, and then go into detail and explain your code line by line.
3. At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realize that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way.
Note: In a pinch a coworker might be able to substitute for the duck, however, it is often preferred to confide mistakes to the duck instead of your coworker.