We have a stage show hitting the stage on 27th,28th. 29th and 30th September called " The Money that Made him Poor". It's s stage show about someone called WB who enters a world of corruption and shady deals.
I have attached some of the promotional images we will use. We want to either keep to that look or if not go for film-noir/Sin City/Classic Turner Movie style posters (have attached some examples I like)
In Kenya we have a specific design for posters for live events best shown by "Because you Said So" (I have attached multiple posters). What I like about the poster:
- Clear contrast between background and text making it easy to read.
- The date is clear
- The way the prices are clear (I have attached our tentative price below) Kindly note this is subject to change during the contest.
- How clear the name of the show below
- Our poster will need that white area at the bottom where we will put information on our sponsors and where people can buy tickets
I have attached a poster we did for a TV show #becauselove and love the following about the poster:
- The text is easy to read from far away
- Simple, clean and a lot of wide open space
- Strong contrast between the background and text
Use the promotional images and draft images at will. Feel free to modify and experiment.
At the very top of the poster we want our logo and then the text "Tony Tini Tone Productions Presents to You" I have attached our logo in a variety of sizes.
The show slogan is "Money, power, HER!" Can he handle it?"
The leading man is Noah Chiruyi - he is the person with a blazer, box haircut and is wearing a purple and white shirt. He plays WB, a young man who is thrust into the seedy world of corruption and dirty deeds and is struggling to keep his head above water. One way I am envisioning the poster, since he is not the biggest star but is the leading man, his positioning would probably be like Terence Howard in the attached Iron Man poster. Should space allow, include text saying "introducing Noah Chiruyi"
Our two big stars are:
- Sean Andrew - he plays Melphon, a corrupt, arrogant, wheeler-dealer. He is wearing the grey suit with the red tie. He has a huge following due to his modelling and looks. He needs to be most prominent on the poster looking like a douche bag. One way I envision this is that he could be positioned like the Iron Man suit in the Iron man poster. His name "Sean Andrew" needs to be prominently featured.
- Anne Mwaura - Radio celebrity. She is in the white top. She plays Sophia, a self-obessed, crazy wealthy feme fetale. One way I envision the poster is her in the Robert Downey Jnr poster in the Iron Man poster. Her name " Radio darling, Anne Mwaura"
- The show is "hosted by television sensation, Pascal Tokodi" I have attached his image.
- "Acoustic performance by Mayonde" I have included a link to her Instagram where you can get images of her
Once those three are featured the people below are optional:
- Barbara Nyambura (in the glasses). You can include of her making scared faces in the corner of the poster for the comedic element.
- Lucy Mwachala (with the rolers). This character hates the Sophia character and can be in the background giving Sophia side eye. Also a comedic element.
The design needs to be one that can be used for physical posters or on social media.
Please feature the following text in the low white banner area and include the Mookh logo. "For tickets visit mookh.com"
Ksh is short for Kenya Shillings.
Remember these prices are subject to change.
1. Early Bird 1000 Ksh
2. Weekday Daytime 1000 Ksh
3. Advanced 13000 Ksh
4. Couple ticket 2400 Ksh per couple
5. At the door 1500 Ksh
6. Squad ticket (x5 = 1100Ksh per ticket = 5500 Ksh)
7. Squad ticket (x10 = 1000 Ksh per ticket = 10,000 Ksh)
8. VIP tickets 2500 Ksh
9. VIP Squad x10 (will be 2,000 Ksh per head = 20,000 Ksh)
- I really like in the attached Road Racers poster, how the red dress contrasts with the black and white background - it really gets across that she is a femme fatale. Maybe we can do this for Anne Mwaura's lips or some other relevant part.
- We are competing in a very crowded space so we need a poster that is visually appealing from far away. For whatever reason the Drive poster really caught my eye