We've included criteria in the Design Brief (Word document and PDF versions are attached). Please read through this brief before starting on your design.
PowerPoints are used for sales, client, workshop and internal presentations. The template should have a variety of formats, i.e. charts, tables, pictures, title slides, etc.
PowerPoint: Detailed Criteria
1) Must be printer friendly. White backgrounds, light on design elements.
2) Prefer a wide horizontal layout, and the ability to add both portrait and landscape images
3 ) Fonts used need to be ones that everyone has. We’ve been frustrated with templates in the past because not all users have the embedded fonts.
4) Simplify master slides with fewer options and fewer elements.
- Title slide master with VM branding, Client name, Date, Name of presentation, Leave space for user to add his/her own image; don’t include image box in master (allow users to add their own images)
- Text with headline master: One box for headline, One box for text, VM branding, Footer with name of presentation, date, client name, Leave space for user to add Twitter handle, hashtag, Leave space for user to add own images, whether vertical or horizontal
- Section divider master: VM branding, Client name, Date, Section name
5) Structure copy blocks so the line spacing is consistent – some of our users struggle with understanding leading between lines. It should be 6 pts between elements that are the same and 12 points between different elements.