Full book cover template for first book in Pacific Studies series.
• Not textbooks. We want non-fiction book style (see UQP Academic Books http://www.uqp.com.au for examples)
• Design: classic, simple, clear, serious. Strong and interesting typographical elements (no italics). Not gimmicky. Attached are sample designs that we like.
• Cover shouldn’t be a literal interpretation of the title, as the design will be applied to other books. Require a general template that reflects the Pacific Studies category.
• Needs to be able to be easily manipulated (by us) to suit new books in the series. Elements that will change: title, author, & back cover blurb. Also like to be able to change a subtle design element e.g. colour, icon, image etc., but this is not essential.
• Don’t want images as primary design element, but can be used. Please stick to cheap or free images (we will purchase).
• Allow for long & short titles & author names. Subtitles don’t need to be as prominent as the title.
C format cover: front /back cover each 227x152mm
Spine width: 23.75mm (this book only)
Title: The Samoan Tangle: A Study in Anglo-German-American Relations 1878–1900
Author: Paul M. Kennedy
Series name: UQ ePress Pacific Studies Series
Front cover: book title, author name, series name
Spine: book title, author, UQ ePress logo (supplied)
Back cover: series name, dummy text for blurb (approx 200 words)