Create an eye-catching, stand out, health supplement brand label
HyperVitality is a new brand in the competitive health supplement market, selling a premium, high quality range of health supplements for the US online shopping market. They say “a picture paints a thousand words” and to enable HyperVitality to stand out in a crowded market place it is critical that the label design is impressive and instantly catches the eye of the consumer, drawing them in.
Because this will be a range of branded products, the design needs to have a recognizable common branded theme that can be applied to future products so that consumers instantly recognise them as being part of the same HyperVitality range.
The first product to be launched (and thus label to be designed for) will be a Garcinia Cambogia supplement with 95% HCA (hydroxycitric acid).
Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit also known as the Malabar tamarind, and is a popular weight-loss supplement. It is said that it blocks the body's ability to make fat and decreases appetite. It may help keep blood sugar and cholesterol levels in check, too.
Garcinia cambogia contains a substance called hydroxycitric acid (HCA). HCA has been shown to increase levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that influences mood, sexual desire, social behaviour and appetite.
I have attached a label template, the size is 3 x 7 inches. The containers that the labels will be stuck on are 200cc HDPE bottles, available in white, blue, green, or dark amber and so the label design can be tailored to compliment one of these bottle colours. I have no preference at this stage, so please be creative and see what you can come up with.
The following items need to be included on the label:-
(Note:- Text colours can be changed from those shown on the template)
1. The Product name (Garcinia Cambogia) particularly the fact that it is “95% HCA”
2. Supplement Facts (as per template)
3. Suggested use, Caution and Keep out of Reach of Children statements (as per template)
4. HyperVitality Logo
5. Made in the USA logo (I’m not keen on the one on the template)
6. GMP logo (prefer this to be in colour)
7. FDA Disclaimer (as per template)
8. Space for HyperVitality address to be inserted under the “manufactured for” statement and the hypervitality website url.
9. Space for a FNSKU barcode.
10. Please recycle logo
11. 1 x product sub title (e.g. “Super Strength Weight Loss Formula”) and 4 x product benefit short bullet points e.g.
• Pure, Natural & Potent*
• Supports Fat Loss*
• Supports Appetite control*
• Helps Prevent Fat Production*
12. “Natural Dietary Supplement 60 Veggie Capsules” statement.
The product name needs to be prominent, so the consumer can instantly identify it.
The label design needs to be clear, clean, uncluttered, visually appealing, eye-catching and bold making clear that it is a premium, high quality product.
The colour scheme of the HyperVitality Logo can also be adjusted if required to suit a stand-out design.