Brand & Category Goals:
Establish a logo & architecture, which will result in:
1. A logo which can easily & consistently be applied to business cards, letterheads, car doors, colour boxes, stcikers etc which embodies the brand values, attributes & benefits.
2. Packaging concepts for a colour label (which will stick to a bottle) and also extend the concept into a box, which would house multiple bottles.
3. Enable the consumer to navigate between flavours. (when the range xtends)
4. Enhances in store on shelf selling.
5. Operates as a selling tool in its own right due to quality & attractive design which captures the essence & lifestyle of Coffee Drop Co Cold Brew Coffee.
The idea should communicate
1. Branding: The brand name is Coffee Drop Co.
2. Product: The product is Cold Brew coffee.
3. Attributes: Made locally, no additives or preservatives
4. Benefits: Tastes great, natural production process, convenient
5. On trend: New & innovative product
The design should reflect the brand personality which is:
Simple, clean, local, loveable, chivalrous, strong, confidant
The Target Consumer:
Coffee Drop Co consumers are typically 25-45 years old, male, on trend, hipster, self aware, educated or studying, working & living in the city, health aware, on trend with fashion yet promotes a simple presence, well spoken, enjoys eating out at selected restaurants based on research and knowledge. Enjoys smaller bars (e.g. Baxter Inn Sydney) A little time poor, has a never ending positive attitude to life and acceptingly ready to tackle life's challenges everyday.
What does success look like:
1. An on trend logo & packaging design concept
2. Stand out on the crowded supermarket shelf
3. Will appeal to the target consumer
4. Speed up the communication of the product & brand benefit which will result in adoption / trial.
5. Be applicable to digital communications (social and website)
The company name 'COFFEE DROP CO.' will also need to be shown and the text 'coffee concentrate' and 'Hand crafted’.
Labels will be required for a 50ml & 500ml bottle
Benefit: The key benefit of "Cold Brew" must be clearly communicated.
I would like to use large simple text to convey the 'COLD BREW' product (engraved or stamped look), to create a craft centric direction.
1. Brand logo
2. Product Description
4. Colour navigation (preferably pastel) to represent different flavours. Colour application to be subtle
5. Size (in mls)
6. Space for text to capture a small brand story
7. Small space for text which conveys usage (eg “Enjoy with milk or over ice”)
8. Back of pack to
a. Have barcode at 100% and located vertically
b. Include space for nutritional elements
c. Website & social media callouts to be captured (coffeedropco.com & Facebook / Instagram links)
d. Country of origin
e. Expiry date
f. Item code
g. Batch No.
I would also like to investigate the use of a quirky tattoo/sketch like graphic or logo in the back ground. (feel free to be creative), a 1920’s barber shop look and feel would also be good.
Please see attached files for photo inspiration
Regards Chris van Woerden